Cookie Decorating Classes
Frost offers 2 cookie decorating classes - one for adults and one for kids. Each class has a different theme. Classes are $50 + tax and are taught at Frost's bakery production facility in Bartlett, Tennessee. This is a real, operational bakery and is the nicest facility of its kind in the Mid-south. A tour of this facility is part of each class.
Frost classes are taught using Frost techniques by Frost cookie decorators. Because they decorate cookies for Frost customers every day, they are up-to-date on the latest cookie decorating ideas, tools and techniques.
All of the necessary tools and equipment for each class are supplied by Frost for student use during the class. Cookies, flooded and plain, are also included. At the end of the class each student takes home 12 finished cookies, the same cookies that are sold in Frost's retail store for $36 per dozen. The cookies will feature each student's choice of additional design embellishments.
Cookie Decorating Class Schedule & Information
Class Title: Basic Cookie Decorating
- Identify equipment needed to decorate cookies
- Preparing a cookie for decoration
- Color cookie icing
- Learn how to properly fill, hold, and use the frosting bag and bottles
- Demonstrate outlining and flooding techniques
- Demonstrate various top decorations
This course is an introduction to the basic art of decorative cookies. Topics include familiarization with cookie decorating tools, bags, tips and exploration into different styles of cookies. We will demonstrate how to properly outline, flood and decorate cookies. You will get to practice basic outlining, flooding and decorative piping.
The class will also include a tour of our 7,800 square foot production facility in Bartlett, where the class takes place. This will give you a sneak peek at our state of the art bakery equipment and how a real bakery operates.
THURSDAY CLASSES BEGIN AT 6pm; SATURDAY CLASSES BEGIN AT 1pm
2021 Adult Cookie Classes & Themes
Thursday, March 25th - Easter
Thursday, April 8th - Animals
Thursday, April 29th - Fiesta
Saturday, June 5th - Beach
Thursday, July 1st - Patriotic
Thursday, July 29th - Fruit
Thursday, August 12th - Circus
Thursdsay, September 2nd - Underwater
Thursday, October 28th - Halloween
Thursday, November 18th - Fall/Thanksgiving
2021 Kid Cookie Classes & Themes
Thursday, April 15th - Desserts
Thursday, July 15th - Summer
Saturday, November 13th - Fall/Thanksgiving
Class Rules and Clarifications
- Register in store (either in East Memphis or Collierville), or call 901-682-4545 to register by phone. Each class is $50 + tax.
- For adult classes, each paid spot is for one person to decorate 12 cookies. If you would like to share a spot and work on the 12 cookies with a friend, then there will be an additional $25 fee added to your registration. Kids classes are not allowed to share a spot, but an adult is welcome to stay and watch or assist free of charge.
- All classes are held at Frost's Bartlett facility at 7876 Stage Hills Blvd, Suite 106 (behind St. Francis BARTLETT Hospital)
- Registration is not complete until the class is paid in full.
- Registration fees are not refundable.
- Classes are limited to 10 students in adult classes, and 6 sutdents in kid classes with a 4 person minimum. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. Frost reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes if minimum class size is not met. Classes with less than 4 registrations will be moved to another date; 72 hour notice will be given when a class date is moved.
- If a conflict arises with your class date you may transfer to another date that better suites your needs in writing (with 72 hour notice and subject to availability).
- Adult classes - All students must be at least 15 years old; children are not allowed in the bakery facility. Kids classes are ages 8-14.
- Frost will supply cakes and all other necessary materials; therefore, you need only bring your enthusiasm to learn.
- Classes willl begin promptly at their start time. Please plan on showing up 5 minutes early to insure you receive the full benefit of each course. Classes are 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Please dress comfortably for the class. You must wear closed toe shoes (eg: tennis shoes or clogs); no sandals or flip-flops are permitted. If desired, you may bring an apron to protect your clothing.
- To register, ask for additional information or change your class date, please call 901-682-4545.