Cookie Decorating Classes
Frost offers 1 cookie decorating class with each class having a different theme. Classes are $50 and are taught at Frost's bakery production facility in Bartlett, Tennessee. This is a real, operational bakery and is the nicest facility of its kind in the Mid-south. A tour of this facility is part of each class.
Frost classes are taught using Frost techniques by Frost cookie decorators. Because they decorate cookies for Frost customers every day, they are up-to-date on the latest cookie decorating ideas, tools and techniques.
All of the necessary tools and equipment for each class are supplied by Frost for student use during the class. Cookies, flooded and plain, are also included. At the end of the class each student takes home 12 finished cookies, the same cookies that are sold in Frost's retail store for $36 per dozen. The cookies will feature each student's choice of additional design embellishments.
Cookie Decorating Class Schedule & Information
Class Title: Basic Cookie Decorating
- Identify equipment needed to decorate cookies
- Preparing a cookie for decoration
- Color cookie icing
- Learn how to properly fill, hold, and use the frosting bag and bottles
- Demonstrate outlining and flooding techniques
- Demonstrate various top decorations
This course is an introduction to the basic art of decorative cookies. Topics include familiarization with cookie decorating tools, bags, tips and exploration into different styles of cookies. We will demonstrate how to properly outline, flood and decorate cookies. You will get to practice basic outlining, flooding and decorative piping.
The class will also include a tour of our 5,000 square foot production facility in Bartlett, where the class takes place. This will give you a sneak peek at our state of the art bakery equipment and how a real bakery operates.
February Cookie Classes:
March Cookie Classes:
|Tuesday, February 21, 6:00pm - 8:00pm; Theme:
April Cookie Classes:
|Tuesday, March 14, 6:00pm - 8:00pm; Theme: St. Patrick's Day
May Cookie Classes:
|Tuesday, April 11, 6:00pm - 8:00pm; Theme: Easter / Spring
June Cookie Classes:
|Tuesday, May 16, 6:00pm - 8:00pm; Theme: TBD
July Cookie Classes:
|Tuesday, June 13, 6:00pm - 8:00pm; Theme: TBD
|Tuesday, July 18, 6:00pm - 8:00pm; Theme: TBD
Class Rules and Clarifications
- Register in store (either in East Memphis or Collierville), or call 901-682-4545 to register by phone. Each class is $50.
- All classes are held at Frost's Bartlett facility at 7876 Stage Hills Blvd, Suite 106 (across from and behind St Francis Hospital)
- Registration is not complete until the class is paid for.
- Registration fees are not refundable.
- Classes are limited to 12 students with a 6 person minimum. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. Frost reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes if minimum class size is not met. Classes with less than 4 registrations will be moved to another date; 72 hour notice will be given when a class date is moved.
- If a conflict arises with your class date you may transfer to another date that better suites your needs (with 72 hour notice and subject to availability).
- All students must be at least 15 years old; children are not allowed in the bakery facility.
- Frost will supply cakes and all other necessary materials; therefore, you need only bring your enthusiasm to learn.
- Classes willl begin promptly at their start time. Please plan on showing up on time or early to insure you receive the full benefit of each course. Classes are 2 hours.
- Please dress comfortably for the class. You must wear closed toe shoes (eg: tennis shoes or clogs); no sandals or flip-flops are permitted. If desired, you may bring an apron to protect your clothing.
- To register, ask for additional information or change your class date, please call 901-682-4545.